How I discovered HoliGamE
Throughout school, I always thought something was missing.
So I asked a lot of questions in order to figure that out:
- Why do we have to learn so much about chemistry, physics, and biology?
- Why are we learning hardly anything about nutrition, psychology, and information technology?
- Why do we have to memorize so much instead of learning how to think?
Unfortunately, I got these answers only after I graduated.
It turns out that the education system is mostly based on the beginning of the industrial revolution and has become too slow to adapt to today's exponential growth and development.
The education system has lost its original purpose, it's why.
So I made it my purpose to fix that. In the beginning, I thought it was going to be easy since it is so obvious that improving the education system would also improve everyone's future.
However, I underestimated how hard it is for countries and individuals to think long term and avoid short-term distractions.
I can relate to the distractions, since I was constantly distracted by video games. It makes sense because the the purpose of video games is to put you into flow and keep you hooked.
- So what if the education system was designed like a video game?
- What if you every student could level up skills like in any video game?
- What if students were as engaged in learning something new as playing a good video game?
Just engagement would not be enough though. The skills would have to be complementarily and cover all areas of life.
Only then can we strive in this ever changing world.
That is why I also aim to make the education system holistic.
A system that supports every student to grow in every area of life, while connecting them with each other and filling this void I have been feeling thoughout my school experince.